We talk a ton about news and whatnot.
LugCast: Let’s get riiight into the news!
This week there was no real theme, just an attempt to catch up on tech news that happened in the past two weeks. Takes were had and words were said. Here’s what we talked about :
- TikTok reaches deal to sell U.S. operations to Oracle, rejects Microsoft’s plan
- Nvidia is acquiring Arm for $40 billion
- Microsoft’s Xbox expands, buying ZeniMax Media and Fallout maker Bethesda for $7.5 billion
- Apple One
- Lenovo begins selling OEM Ubuntu PCs to the general public
- Gnome 3.38 Released
- Firefox 81.0
- Mozilla shuts down Firefox Send and Firefox Notes services
- Firefox usage is down 85% despite Mozilla’s top exec pay going up 400%
- Zig vs Zen
- Canonical CEO Mark Shuttleworth makes peace with Ubuntu Linux community
- GitHub to replace ‘master’ with ‘main’ starting next month
If you want to watch, check it out on Twitch