In our first meeting of 2022, we tried a new idea: “Scribble the News,” a pictionary-like game in which we attempt to guess which open source news story is being drawn.
Here are the news items we discussed:
- Zero-day in ubiquitous Log4j tool poses a grave threat to the Internet
- Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo) Will Reach End of Life on January 20th, 2022
- Pop!_OS 21.10 Introduces a New Application Library, GNOME 40, and a Refresh Install Option
- Ubuntu 22.04 Theme Replaces Purple with Orange (Like, Everywhere)
- Solus Linux Co-Lead Resigns, Joins Serpent OS and Plans to Fork Budgie Under a New Organization
- Linux Mint Partners with Mozilla to ‘Improve Firefox Experience
- Red Hat donates $10,000 to OBS Studio, their Flatpak to be official for Linux
- Wine 7.0 is a Massive Upgrade with Improved Windows App Support, New Theme, and More Improvements
- All Roads Lead to Arch: The Evolution of Linux Distros Used for Gaming Over Time
Would you have guessed these from the drawings below?